Talking To Millennials About STDs
STDs continue to be a major issue that affects young and older people. It’s also an issue with which you may have a difficult time discussing with your sexual partner(s). Below are a few recommendations, from recent articles, regarding STDs:
- Obtain a diagnosis and get treated immediately if you experience STD symptoms.
- Educate yourself about the disease, when diagnosed, before you have a discussion with your partner(s).
- Talk to your partner(s) about the disease as soon as possible.
- Inform your past partner(s) if you think you have had the disease for some time.
- Talk to your partner(s) by telephone if you feel you cannot have a face to face discussion.
- Discontinue having sex until the STD is eliminated.
- Be honest with your physician.
Your opinion matters.
Thaddeus J. Bell, MD
I am Dr. Thaddeus John Bell, closing the gap in health disparities for African Americans and the underserved.
Receive Free Healthy Tips from Dr. Bell
Sign up to receive tips and updates from Dr. Bell.
Every two weeks you will receive a handy tip in your mailbox.